We’re getting excited for Saturday’s screening of Midgets vs. Mascots at the Tribeca Film Festival for a number of reasons. We noticed that the mascots are already in town! There is a picture of them hanging out at a local restaurant.
We’re so giddy with anticipation that we decided to do the only thing that will calm us down: make a list. If you want to stop by, the screening is sold out, but you can join us at the Village Pourhouse from 10-11 PM and pretend you’re part of the cool crowd.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons we can’t wait for Midgets vs. Mascots this Saturday:
1. Because, 30 of our readers will get to come with us to the sold out show. We recently sponsored a giveaway, and 15 lucky winners received a pair of tickets. We can’t wait to meet the charming derelicts (previously notified via email), and want them to know that we accept checks, floral bouquets, and any free drinks they care to give.
2. Before the screening, The Village Pourhouse is hosting a 1 hour Beer and Tequila open bar for the NYBarfly crew. We hope they’re ready. We’ve challenged our readers to finish all the beer on premises in that hour span. Don’t doubt – when drunken livers combine, they become stronger. Like Captain Planet.
3. The thought of a hilarious late night screening full of drunks? Priceless. We just hope there is more vomit on the screen than there is in the crowd.
4. We’re especially excited for our exclusive after party. We thought about renting Greenhouse, but we figured it would be more fun if we just smuggle Night Train into the theater and refuse to leave when they turn on the lights.
5. The raunchy film features the likes of Ron Jeremy, Scottie Pippen, and Gary Coleman – Oscar caliber performers (to a room full of folks who just had a few tequila shots). Take a look at another clip below the jump