It’s taken a while, but we think we’ve finally figured this twitter thing out. It’s like a blog for when you’re too drunk to blog. Short, not necessarily urgent, and no one cares about your horribly incorrect punctuation. You can now sign up to follow NYBarfly on twitter here: http://twitter.com/NyBarfly.
We’re not quite sure what you’ll get from the experience, but hey, everyone else is doing it. We simply had to join in, as when it comes to peer pressure, we’re more than willing to jump off that bridge. If the person pressuring us to jump off the bridge is attractive, then let us to the front of the line!
In our months-long process of learning what the hell Twitter is, we’ve taken notes. Here are five things that we’ve gleaned. Maybe you’ll find them helpful.
NYBarfly’s Tips for Twitter:
- No one understands what it is, they’re all just pretending. Might as well join the fun!
- Posts are called “Tweets”. Disgusting.
- It’s an easy way to keep up with what your friends are doing. Seeing that your friends likely aren’t members, it’s an easy way to keep up with what the strangers on Twitter are doing.
- All topics are fair game, but the most inane are preferred. Sample Post: I am cold. We’re sorry, that is too proper. Sample post: I M COLD!!!!
- No one cares, but shhhhh! If one person acknowledges that fact, the entire system collapses.
So, come check out our tweets. Why are you looking at us like we’re a pervert, it’s not our word!