Friday the 5th is a very special day in Drunktown: the 75th Anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition. That’s right ladies and gentlemen; you wouldn’t be drinking a drop if our forefathers hadn’t gathered 75 years ago and passed the 21st Amendment. In 1933, the liquor started flowing again, and hasn’t stopped since. Our glorious forefathers always come through – the drunken patriots that they be.
1. Have a hootenanny 1930’s style. Do your apartment up like a speakeasy and give your friends the secret password: “Let me in fuckface, why are you wearing that stupid fedora?”
2. Deck the place out with period details: flappers serving drinks, Tommy guns on the walls, and cheap bathtub hooch in the cocktails. Be sure to kick start the new era of drinking in style. Turn on the music, do the Charleston, and drink grain alcohol until you throw up blood.
3. Rub it in the face of those who wanted prohibition in the first place. In the middle of the party, take your guests down to the neighborhood church. Show them just how wrong they were by reading those puritans the riot act. When you kneel down to silently pray, be sure not to mean it.
4. If your guests are still looking for entertainment, it's Great Gatsby time. You can try reading the book out loud, but we suggest the 1970’s movie version for time’s sake. When people see Mia Farrow as Daisy, they’ll suddenly get your password. “Woah, you weren’t kidding when you said fuckface.”
5. A proper repeal party isn’t complete with a good old fashioned police raid. If the neighbors aren’t complaining, you can instigate the police and their billy-clubs with a little creativity. The modern day fuzz aren’t interested in breaking up a bar disguised as a pet store. Try something more contemporary, like disguising your speakeasy as a good ol' fashioned puppy mill.